- School begins at 7:40 a.m. Students may not enter the building until 7:20a.m. The first bell will ring at 7:40 a.m., and the tardy bell will ring at 7:45 a.m. Students are considered absent for half a day. (We begin our instruction right after the tardy bell and instruction continues until 2:50 p.m., at which time we prepare for dismissal.)
- School ends at 2:55 p.m. Students checked out before 2:40 p.m. are considered absent for half a day. Dismissal bells are as follows:
2:55 Car Riders, Day Care vans, Camp Raider
3:00 Bus Riders
3:05 Remaining Bus Riders/ Walkers
- Car riders must be dropped off before school using the east side entrance by entering from Fox Meadow Lane if you have no children at FME. If you have children at FME and FMIC, you should enter from Caraway and drop off at the back entrance. The front circle entrance is for bus riders. Walkers may also enter from the front. If a student arrives after 7:40 a.m. he/she should be taken to the front entrance to sign in.
- When picking student up in the car rider line, please watch for the duty teachers to motion you to where your child will be dismissed to your car. Car riders not picked up by 3:15 p.m. will be taken to the front entrance to wait for their rides.
- Changes in your child’s regular afternoon transportation method must be accompanied by a written not, by e-mail, or by phoning the school office. Please keep these as minimal as possible.
- Please keep your child’s lunch account current, as it is the policy of the Nettleton School District to not have student lunch charges. You may send money weekly (preferably on Monday) or for a longer period of time. (The cafeteria keeps student lunch accounts on the computer. Classroom teachers do not have access to view charged amounts or remaining balance on lunch accounts
- If you wish to have lunch with your child, our lunch period begins at 11:25 a.m. You may bring lunch to your child, but food cannot be brought to, or shared with other students.
- If your child is absent, a written note or doctor’s excuse should be sent to the office upon his/her return.
- No cell phone or electronic equipment may be brought to school unless kept turned off and in a backpack. If these are being used during the school day, they will be taken to the office to be retrieved by a parent.
- Fourth Grade Planning Period is from 1:20-2:00. If you desire a conference, please send a note or leave a message with the office and we will be glad to set up a time or leave a message with the office and we will be glad to set up a time to meet with you. Our school phone number is (870) 910-7812. You may also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (Math and Social Studies) or email@example.com (Literacy and Science). In addition you are encouraged to regularly check our websites since we post weekly lessons as well as other information.
- You may check your child’s grades online through the Nettleton website by obtaining a pin number from the office. This is highly recommended!
- Your child should bring home his/her black HOMEWORK folder each night and return with it the next school day. This folder will contain any unfinished work from the day that should be completed as homework. Graded work should be removed and kept at home. If your child has received a D or F that has been recorded as a daily or test grade, please sign and return those to the teacher. Recorded grades are circled with a numeric value/ percentage given. Some work may have been graded together in class or worked together in small groups or as a class.
- Anytime you come in the school, you will need to sign in at the office and receive a visitor pass. They require a photo I.D. to be kept at the office while you are in the building.
- Students are required to wear tennis shoes on their P.E. days. We have two mornings weekly and one week every six weeks in the afternoon. The six week rotation is posted in our room, so students will know in advance.
- To be eligible for Honor Roll, students must have all “A’s”. To be eligible for Merit Roll, students must have no grade below a “B”.
We hope this information will be helpful to you as together we help our students to become “Respectful, Responsible Raiders”!